MIL - P0706. GIVEN DIFFERENT OPTIONS FROM DIFFERENT SHOPS. OPTIONS?

2006 Audi A4 • 89,000 miles

I have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T FWD. MIL code reads p0706. Now, I know the issue is with the TCM but I have gone to the dealer and they tell me it's a throttle body issue, the time after when I approached the dealership they said it needs a new TCM. A different independent shop is telling me it is an issue with the valve body. Another independent shop is saying I need to possibly replace a switch that switches Park and Neutral. Everywhere I look online I read that my TCM needs to be replaced or my transmission needs to be replaced. My symptoms are MIL, PRND flashes on dash. After a few hours of not driving, PRND doesn't flash and stays as it should normally until I try to switch to reverse, in which case nothing flashes or lights up and car doesn't reverse. In which case I put the car in Park and PRND starts flashing again. What are my options and what should I do?
Hazimmandavia

Wow, we are here and you are there. It sounds like the park/neutral switch but needs to be monitored by a scan tool when the situation happens

On the CVT Transmission, the "Multi- function Range Switch" is
part of the TCM, so the TCM needs to be replaced or rebuilt.

There are posts on some Audi Forums of companies that re-build
the TCM units.

Exovcds