, SOMETIMES IT DOES NOT START. I HAVE TO REPEATEDLY TURN KEY, THEN IT STARTS.IS IS THE KEY? IGNITION?TESTED BATTERY, AND ALTERNATOR, BOTH GOOD.

2005 Volvo S60 • 113,000 miles

Checked battery, alternator, good.
have not tried anything else.
Dbabineaux

Could be the ignition switch or a fuel pressure problem-check it

Does the vehicle crank over when the problem happens? Are there any messages also like an immobolizer fault? Does the problem only happen with one key or both keys? If you have the key blade style that flips open, is it broken where the key will not stay straight? If you try starting it with the key partially folded towards the close position it will not see the chip and will not recognize the key. Let us know if any of this applies?

JIS001
Now that is some good information.

The key does not stay open, we only have one. I will try to keep it extended when starting.

I will let you know what happens.

Thank you.

Dbabineaux
Your welcome. Hopefully it is as simple as just the key not been straight. But if it is the key they are a little pricey since you will need to have the new key blade programmed. The key blade is replaceable without having to replace the remote. Good luck and keep us posted please.

JIS001