REPLACE DRIVERS SEATBELT ()

2005 Volvo S40 • 120,000 miles

Hi there,

My lovely dog decided to chew through the drivers' side seatbelt of my 2005 Volvo S40. It is just the belt itself that is damaged, and I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what my best options would be for replacement.

Is it possible to just replace the belt and not the whole system? Am I likely going to be able to replace the seat belt myself with the airbags and the seatbelt alarm system, or is this something that really needs to be done by a mechanic?

Any suggestions on the best place to get replacement parts?

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions that any of you may have!

Thanks in advance.
KaraB

I am giving you the instructions out of our service manual, it is in 3 parts, and the 2 FIGs referenced.
It is not the best instruction guide, but once you get it open it will be easier. Most of the focus in service manuals is put on the entire SRS circuit as a shole. I would not worry about testing. However, if you get in an accident and your bags don't deploy, you will be hurt and your insrurance will start asking who if anyone worked on the belts or SRS.