VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Volkswagen Passat • 1,310,000 miles

I have a 2005 passat 2.8l GLX and it has a heating problem. I flushed my engine, I flushed my heater core, the antifreeze is new and there is no air in the system, the thermostat is new and it is reaching its normal temperature. Both hoses that goes to the core are hot, but if the car is idling it blows cold air when I press on the accelerator at least 2000 rpm the I get heat, could someone help me with this problem
Braxray

Water pump impeller is common for breaking and having little or no circulation. Have it checked to verify

It is a new water pump I replaced in summer of 2012 when I replaced my timing belt

Braxray
Ok, but it still could be bad, take off the little hose to the tank where the cap is located. With the motor running, you should see good flow.

VR6 engines don't have the pump impeller problem... at least that I have seen.

Plugged heater core.

I had a Jetta that flow tested good, but once I took the core apart it was obvious that it was bypassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhV49nExaw

Thomas

Exovcds
If that was the case wound't the car be experiencing overheating problem with the engine

Braxray
With a bad impeller yes. But I don't think that is your issue.

I'm guessing the core is bad.

Thomas

Exovcds
Took me a while to correct my VR6 mistake. Sorry.

Your Passat as you know has a V6, the VR6 was only available in the Jetta. Golf & Touareg.

I type too fast some times!

I have not seen loose plastic impellers on the V6 or the VR6 motors.

Thomas

Exovcds