I WAS ACCELERATION ON THE MOTORWAY AND FELT A LOSS OF POWER. I SWITCHED OFF THE ENGINE AND RESTARTED. THE LOSS OF POWER WENT AWAY BUT CAME BACK LATER.

2005 Volkswagen Golf • 108,000 miles

I found that each time the fault occurs I can restart the engine and it goes away. It feels like it is in a limp home mode. I put VAG-COM on it and got the following. I have done nothing else to the car. It seems to go back to Limp home if I do a hard accel.
Address 01: Engine
Controller: 03G 906 016 BQ
Component: R4 2, 0L EDC G000SG 6254
Coding: 0000072
Shop #: WSC 01324
2 Faults Found:
17055 - Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit (Q10) Electrical Fault
P0671 - 000 - -
16618 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P0234 - 000 - Please Register/Activate
Dalhalvaig

This has the extremely dangerous "throttle-by-wire" system that put Toyota in the news. You do not want to play with that on your own. Let the dealer be involved in any future lawsuits, not you.

You're lucky the computer is resetting on it's own. On most models the engine speed will not increase when you press the accelerator, and some won't come out of park if they DO even start. They have to be dragged onto a flatbed truck and taken to the dealer to have them relearn "minimum throttle" before they will start.