TOYOTA COROLLA HEATER PROBLEM

2005 Toyota Corolla • 125,000 miles

I'm installing an engine block heater. Where will I find hole it fits into? Any tips on installing this?
Matthew1213

Most of them are installed into a freeze plug hole. There should be instruction with the kit or where it was designed to go.

Wrenchtech

I don't recommend a setup like that at all. Installing a heater in the radiator hose will do nothing for heating the block since the thermostat will not allow circulation and heating the radiator will do nothing for the engine. Something installed into the block is the only way to actually keep the block warm.

Wrenchtech
MAYBE YE OLE HEATER CORE GENERATED IT'S OWN HEAT AND KEPT THE FROST OFF OF THE WINDSHIELD?

I DO SOMETIMES HAVE THEM CRS EPISODES

MAYBE IT WAS A DREAM THAT AT LEAST 5 VISITORS TO MY HOUSE, REACHED DOWN AND FELT OF THAT AWESOME POWERHOUSE 200 CID 6 CYLINDER "HEAD" IN THE YELLOW 'STANG....THEN COMMENTED ON HOW "WARM" IT WAS

THIS THING IS USER FRIENDLY AND DIY INSTALL-ABLE

CAN BE EZILY REMOVED.....AND REPLACED, IF NEED-BE

MR. ASE FELLER IN THE BIG SHOP.......MUST FIND ANOTHER WAY TO PAY FOR HIS 'VETTE....HE IS NO LONGER NEEDED TO BEAT OUT A FREEZE PLUG AND BEAT THE OTHER THINGAMAJIG IN

YES......I'M STILL HERE

YES....EXPERT IS UNDER MY NAME TOO

YES....I HAVE 3,241 ANSWERS TO MY CREDIT--NOT TO MENTION THE HUNDREDS I ANSWERED BEFORE INVITED "ON BOARD"SO MANY OF WHICH ARE MONSTER 1000 WORD NOVELS (SORTA LIKE "caradiodoc" ANSWERS)---W/ MANY HOMEMADE PICS......NOT "TAKE IT TO A SHOP", ----ONE LINERS

YES....SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO HEAR "OTHER OPTIONS".......USED OR NOT....THEY WERE, "AT LEAST" OFFERED.......AND THEY HAVE "CHOICES" ......NOT, "I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BE RIGHT"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeMFYqSrq0

SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL QUIT WASTING YOUR TYPING ABILITY ON ME.....USE IT TO SLING OUT S'MORE GOOD CAR ADVICE

..........YES, YOU DO KNOW YOUR STUFFOTHER FOLKS HAVE MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE ALSO

MIGHT AS WELL SCOOT OVER AND LET THE REST OF US HELP TOO

THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM IN MY BOOTH FOR YOUR OPINIONS TOO.........JUST AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN, I'LL NOT WHINE/ NOR WHIMPER ABOUT YOU BEING THERE

Whatever dude.

FACT: Heating the radiator does not heat the block with a closed thermostat.

Wrenchtech
Still looking for where to install an engine block heater on a 2005 corolla S?

Matthew1213
That totally depends on what type of heater you buy. The best type goes into the block in a freeze plug hole.

Wrenchtech
OH YEAH. FACTS.I GIVE 'EM!

I INVESTIGATE, SOME, ANYWAY, BEFORE I JUMP OUT OF THE BIRD

THIS PUPPY IS ONLY TO BE INSTALLED BY PERSONNEL READING THE INSTRUCTIONS

SAYS IT CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED ON THE UPWARD RISE OF THE LOWER RADIATOR HOSEIF YOURS DON'T RISE TOWARDS THE WATER PUMP. IT SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLED

HOWEVER---IF THERE IS RISE AND IT WILL FIT IN THERE

THEY SAY IT WILL WORK

THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD WORK

IT WORKED!

LIKE I SAID--THIS IS AN "OPTION"

. AND NO, I'M NOT WRONG ABOUT THE WAY THIS WORKS.I JUST OFFER NEW SUGGESTIONS/ OTHER POSSIBILITIES

MY PIC DID NOT WORK---HERE IT IS AGAIN

Wrenchtech, I am installing an engine block heater. The round, cylinder shaped heater that fits into the cars freeze plug. I called the local dealership and was told that a 2005 Corolla S does not have a freeze plug but a quarter sized hole for the block heater to fit into. I have looked from the top of the engine, from underneath the engine, combed Google and asked numerous techs and still cannot find out where an engine block heater fits.

Matthew1213
Page 1 of 2