BRAKE UPGRADE SUUBARU

2005 Subaru Outback • 4 cylinder AWD Automatic • 50,100 miles

I am looking at buying a 2005 Subaru outback (2005 or later, 2005,2006 or 2007).
this requires research which I have started and hopefully I am looking for help.
Please don't give me the easy answer.

Will 300ZX aluminum calipers that take the 30mm thick rotors fit on a Subaru outback.
Even better will front and rear fit?
I know with the subaru 4pots (non brembo) will fit, but I want more stopping power.

I know I will need larger rims (thats not a big ordeal), if the the bolt pattern is the same I will get a 300zx spare tire also (I am understanding so far the the pattern is the same from what research I have done.

What will I need to make the work (I believe the bolt pattern is 5x100 same for the 2005-2008 outback I believe).

I am looking for a parts list to make this happen (i.R brackets, shims, bolts, dust covers (or removal of them etc).

I have been on a few forums and it is not common to upgrade an outbacks braking system as they are not sport cars. If the brakes are the same as Legacy wagon than please let me know so I can do research easier (as I have seen this car modified more than an outback).

I am looking to buy these brakes this week (full set up, front and rear, 4 calipers and all rotors with pads).

Thank you
Brian
Bjonga

Master Cylinders, Boosters, Brackets,
Valves and Vacuum Pumps

Just fitting up sized calipers is not going to work, when adapting larger brakes to your car we need to ensure that the volume displacement of the master cylinder matches the requirements of the bigger calipers, and that brake boosters are adequately sized and have sufficient vacuum to operate properly and give the braking performance that you are looking for, I am unsure about the adaptions that you are looking into, but you must consider the entire braking system, if not you will end up with brakes thatr just don't work well, I am unaware of any total up grade packages that you can get, so I would be contacting a specialist brake work shop that may have access to more information on this problem that I have.

Mhpautos
SO, Both cars being the same weigh, a 300zx master cylinder mounted properly should do the trick?

Bjonga
If you can mount it, yes. But I do not now about the legalities of such alterations, talking to a mate on this matter, he also thought that the increased braking, (under panic stops) may affect SRS systems, also if fitted with ABS this may also be a problem, all these will have to be looked into as well.

Mhpautos
I asked this question as I believe that the brakes are the same as the 4pot non brembo on the WRX and I both cars being near equal weight it is a good match and parts a affordable and readily available.
I am going to try for a brake master cylinder brace and racing fluid and performance pads as stainless steel line as lines, performance pads helped a lot on my WRX.

Bjonga
I am not sure about the newer subaru but my 99 had rear drums and discs. The brake drum was used for the parking brake and the disc for stopping. You can try Summit Racing. Com , jc whitney has some discs but do not go into performance stopping like you are looking for. Summit does have information on interchange on the disc and braking system. I agree with mhautos about the alterations. With bigger rims the standard brakes can overheat. They do have slotted and drilled discs that help keep the rotors cooler.

M_H_RITZEL