EFI FUSE

2005 Scion tC • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 74,000 miles

05 scion tc. I have a problem in wherein every time I press the accelerator more than half way to the floor it blows the EFI fuse. The dealer cannot figure out the problem and left me with no idea how to fix it. My 02 sensor, air/fuel ratio sensor, and fuel flow sensor are all fine and wired fine. The fuel pump is fine and the filter is fine. Any Ideas would be great.

Thank You

Hayden
Gingerkins16

Would you post locatipon, number and size on fuse?

Docfixit
I need to clarify the question. You would like the location of the fuse? It is inside the fuse box underneath the hood on the driver side? Number of what exactly? The fuse itself is a 20. I will provide more details as you need.

Gingerkins16
What happened?

Docfixit
Everytime I press the accelerator down in a "sporty" manner, It will short the EFI fuse. "Sporty" meaning If I try to accelerate fast. Anything in regards to the O2 sensor, fuel pump/filter, fuel injectors, fuel flow sensor, or air fuel ratio sensor has been checked good, this was done by the dealer. It is a manual so when I am in nuetral I can rev as much and as fast as I want, however, when I am in gear and I try to accelerate expediantly, the efi fuse will blow, bringing my car to a steady, quiet stop.

Gingerkins16
Suspect fuel pump drawing to many amps under load and blowing fuse

Docfixit
What would cause the fuel pump to draw too much amperage. Also previously noted that dealer checked fuel pump operation and said it was good to go

Gingerkins16
Worn motor or possible ground. Would check good on normal testing so maybe hard to pin down. What is condiction of fuse when blown? Black soot or metal melted

Docfixit
Melted metal

Gingerkins16
That would indicate a direct short did dealer do a check of accelerator?

Docfixit
No they did not, at least not what they told me.

Gingerkins16
Page 1 of 2