MYSTERIOUS LOWER BRAKE LIGHTS WON'T WORK ON MY ! PLEASE HELP!

2005 Nissan Quest • 150,000 miles

My lower brake lights (not the upper/third light) work under all conditions (hazards flash, turn signals flash, alarm flashes) EXCEPT when the brake pedal is pushed. The bulbs are good (they light up and are new), the fuses are ok, the brake switch is ok (the third light does come on and goes off when unplugged), and I just tried replacing the turn signal switch. I can't figure this one out, PLEASE HELP!
Nickva

All three lights are on the same circuit and that doesn't include the turn signal switch so the problem has to be in the wiring going to the rear of the truck.

Wrenchtech
Sorry, but somehow this got posted several times. Here's what fixitmr said in one of the other posts, "i'm showin a trailor tow control unit/module on my diagrams. And it has seperate inputs for stop/turn but 1 output for both. Stop input is red/green wire."

Nickva
Wrenchtech - How could it be in the wiring if they work under most circumstances?

Nickva
The brake lights are independent of any other circuits. They are on red/yellow that turns to red/green. The problem can be in the lights themselves also.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/113620824.gif

Wrenchtech
Nevermind. I've figured it out. Stupid me put the brake light bulbs in the turn signal sockets and was looking for the wrong bulbs to light up! The old brake light bulbs would only light up with the lights on but not intensify under braking. For some reason I was thinking the brake lights were the same as the hazard/turn signal lights. Duh. Just goes to show that when you ignore the simple things and assume it's complicated you only make things harder. Thanks.

Nickva
Yep, this is true. Never overlook the basics.

Wrenchtech