DRIVE TRAIN SLACK WHAT CAN I DO

2005 Nissan Micra • 52,000 miles

We have changed the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor as told by engine managment light still on have now been told by other garages it is the drive train prob slack is it such a huge job and very expensive. It may be more than the car is worth.
Nedned

Diagnostic fault codes never say to replace parts. They only tell you which circuit or system needs further diagnosis. Both sensors won't fail at the same time either. If you got codes for both of them at the same time, one has shorted out the power supply line or that line has a break in it.

They were changed at different times about a month between the two car keeps stopping when first started rev counter goes up and down when first started. Once going the car is fine but I have no trust in it. Have to keep the revs low when moving off or it stops and have to give it about 5 min before moving off when its first started.

Nedned
That sounds more like a fuel supply or pressure problem. If there is any way to keep the engine running, the cam and crank sensors have to be working. If either one fails, the engine won't restart or it won't start until that sensor has cooled down.

Your description sounds more like a collapsed pickup screen in the gas tank but the age and mileage are both kind of low to be suspecting that already. I think I'd start by testing the fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge to be sure it's high enough.