NISSAN FRONTIER ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

2005 Nissan Frontier • 98,000 miles

Do you know where I can locate how to replace the Alternator in the 2.5L I4 Engine? I found Serp configuration, know the location of the alternator, but don't know how difficult the job is.

thx.

There will be an electrical connector or 2 to remove on the back side of the alternator. be careful and gentale as the will either be a squeeze in clip or a tab and notch clip. Take time to see what type or retention clip is used and be careful when removing it as the connection will vibrate out during use.
Othersie it is simply removing the serpentine belt and unbolting the alternator. The most difficult part in my opinion is finding out the electrical connector clip type and then being very gentle with it to remove it without brekaing it. If you do break it, you can go to http://www.rock auto .com or another auto parts electrical retailer, a good web search will help as well, and they usually have a replacement connector that you will have to sauder in. So, it does happen but a little time taken to see what type it is and patience in removing it will save you a lot of trouble.