JUST GOT MY 05 2.5 FROM THE SHOP WHICH REPLACED THE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY AND THROWOUT BEARING. ROUGH STARTING AND TURNING OFF IGNITION, THE MOTOR JUMPS WHEN DOING SO, AND ALSO WHEN DRIVING IT INTERMITENTLY MAKES A HIGH PITCH SQUEALING NOISE OFF AND ON.

2005 Nissan Altima • 100,000 miles

High pitch squeal off and on in front end like something is rubbing. And Engine jumps hard when turing on and off
Caydensmommy110110

Did ethier of these thingshappen before the clutch was replaced?

Not at all, only noise heard was from the throwout bearing as the mechanic called it being *Shattered*

Caydensmommy110110
I am returning the car to the shop in the morning but I've only had this car about 3000 miles and the slave cylinder has been replaced, now the clutch assembly/throw out bearing. I'm about done with it already. I am just curious what they could have done wrong for these things to suddenly start happening. The steering wheel/steering feels extremely tight compared to before I dropped it off for the repair and the clutch seems really loose which I thought it would be tighter at first but could be wrong.

Caydensmommy110110
Then take it back and complain about these issues the engine jumping around could be a loose mount or a unbolted one.

Only explanation from the mechanic for the screeching was maybe a piece of metal was offset from the repair. And the jumping was "hmmm I dont know." Maybe a simple thing he will figure out but it seems like more is going wrong with it since he "repaired it." Thank you so much for your response. I'm not mechanically inclined but I was thinking the same about a mount. The squeeling can be pretty loud and people mowing their lawns stopped to see what the noise was.

Caydensmommy110110
Your welcome please let us know what you find and share with us.

They claim it was the heat shield being bent causing all of the problems.

Caydensmommy110110
Maybe the noise but a heat shield isnt going to cause any jumping. So have you driven it yet since they fixed the heat shield?

Both the problems seem to have been resolvedso far but dont believe the jumping came from the heat shield either. Because when I asked him about that he hesitated and replied "oh, yea that may have caused that problem too" like he was trying to make me believe that was the only thing they did wrong was bending the heat shield when they put the transmission back in.

Caydensmommy110110
But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have any other problems from it.

Caydensmommy110110
Page 1 of 2