MERCEDES BENZ C230 FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2005 Mercedes Benz C230 • 73,000 miles

My C230 Kompressor has broken down twice in the last 4 months - on both occasions it's felt like a fuel problem i.E. The car cuts out & grinds to a halt, but electrics are fine. The car turns over, but it won't fire & re-start - it's as if it has run out of petrol. On both occasions the car has restarted approx. 40 mins later and then run perfectly again. It almost feels like it needs to cool down even though there is no sign of overheating. I had it towed to a garage on the first breakdown and of course it started and they could find nothing wrong with it. It just happened again and I'm in the same situation. I feel it could be the fuel relay or pump - any ideas? Thanks!
Huntij00

Sounds like the fuel pump. Have the pressure checked anyway to see if it is even producing needed pressure

Thanks for the reply. I had the car checked including the pump and they could not find anything wrong? Could the pump have an intermittent fault that could go unnoticed or could it be relay related? Thanks again.

Huntij00
Pump may intermittently fail.

No to the relay, either good or bad.