MY HVAC WILL NOT BLOW WARM AIR OUT OF THE DASH VENTS IN AUTO. WHEN SELECT MANUAL DASH VENT IT TAKES A LONG TIME FOR THE AIR TO START COMING OUT. THIS IS WITH THE CAR WARMED UP AND DRIVING NORMAL OPERATION AND IS REPEATABLE. PLEASE H

2005 Lincoln Town Car • 75,000 miles

When the dealer did diagnosis, they told me it is normal on auto not to have warm air out of dash. They said warm air rises and systme design is to put out warm air at floor so it rises. Also design for cool air to come out of dash as cool air falls. Ok I get the physics. But even if the delta tempurature is 50 degrees? And what about the fan speed at 50o being full speed all the time? It does slow down with lower delta. Even on auto the fan speed is on full without warm air at times. Another symptom is when manual floor vent selected, warm air comes out of defroster.
Rncrnc

Everything they told you is true. For you to get heat from the vents, you need to manually select that option.

Is the inside warming up to the selected temp? Is the air ever hot or is it always warm at best?

Thank you. The passenger space eventually gets comfortable. Why would the system take so much time to switch btwn auto and manual selection approx 30sec to 1 minute. Yes air is hotter than warm when on manual from dash vents. When manual floor vents I cannot feel air output and I can feel air output from front defroster?

Rncrnc
The only thing that could cause the defroster issue would be a vent door that is sticking or not working properly.