'S DOME LIGHT WON'T COME ON WHEN DOORS ARE OPEN

2005 Kia Sorento • 99,879 miles

I recently got re-married, and my new wife's 2005 KIA has a problem with the dome light well, all the courtesy lights. For some reason, when the doors are opened at night (or anytime but one notices it at night)the dome lights, dont come on like they should. She didn't have a manual, so I downloaded an Adobe manual, and she read it, and tried some things, but no help. Now the Dome and all courtesy lights work fine when manually turned on, just not via opening a door. Anyone got any help for us?
Bassmusician

The interior lights are actuated by a switch in the latch assembly. Will the light come on with any of the doors? If not, you need to remove the door panel on the driver's side and check to see if there is power to the light switch. If there is, check the switch to see if there is power out.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks Joe, My Wife has the KIA at work right now, but as soon as I can, I will check it, hopefully tomorrow Morning. I had looked for the usual kind of switch and hadnt seen one like most cars and trucks have, but I didn't take the door panel off and look in the latch. As for your question, no none of the lights come on when any door is open, UNLESS one turns them on manually at the headlight switch, or the buttons by the lights themselves.

Bassmusician
Wow I Just tried to reply and it didnt appear. Anyway, no lights whatsoever come on when the doors are opened. I looked for a switch the other day, but I didnt remove the door panel, I figured it was like most cars, just a switch where the hinges are. My wife has the KIA at work right now, but I will check it tomorrow. Thanks so much for replying Joe. Have a great day!
Jack

Bassmusician
I am a 60 year old woman and I fixed my dome light in 15 minutes, (I had already ordered the part: a diode). Part number=
9138A 3E000. I followed instructions on Kia Forum, from
person "Castro2" on 3/19/2010. He even had pictures posted. Ordered the part from "Kia Car Parts" online. I think it was $13.
The minute I installed the part, the dome lights came on. Very easy.

Deechild