KIA SEDONA FUEL INJECTOR PROBLEM

2005 Kia Sedona • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 62,000 miles

How do I remove the electical connector on the fuel injector?
How do I remove the front bank of fuel injectors?
Miss on cyl 2, not coil, not wires, not plug.
Snosaint

A fault with injector means the cylinder is most probably not functioning.

REMOVAL

1. Detach the P.C.V. Hose and brake booster vacuum hose.

2. Disconnect the connecting part of vacuum hose.

3. Remove the surge tank stay.

4. After reducing the pressure of fuel pipe line to prevent fuel overflow, disconnect the connecting part of the high pressure hose.

5. Remove the surge tank stay.

6. After removing the surge tank, remove the gasket.

7. Disconnect the fuel injector harness connector.

8. Remove the delivery pipe with fuel injector and pressure regulator attached.

CAUTION: When removing the delivery pipe, be cautions not to drop the injectors.

Thay all looks pretty straight forward. Cyl 2 plug is covered with a white coating. Already swaped coils. Miss is still on cyl 2. Mostly under load at low speed, but sometimes runs fine, sometimes a vibration you feel thru the whole car. Seems to go way over 2k rpm. Swaped plug 2 and 6 to see if plug is at fault.(Pluge were new platinums last year.
I still cant figure out wht to do to remove the injector electical connector.

Snosaint
Press the tab to release the lock and pull the plug off.

I have been squeezing and pulling and it isnt moving so I gave up & asked. I will try again tomorrow, possibly use some pliers to help squeeze & pull

Snosaint
Squeeze and use a screw driver to gently pry them apart. Ensure the tab moves sufficiently before prying.

Miss moved to cyl 6 when plac was moved to 6 from 2. Had also moved new coil from 2 to 6. Pulled all 3 plugs(autolite dbl plats done 1 year ago) in front bank. Plug 6(2) had a gap that was.45, others were under.45. Cleaned and regapped all 3 to.40 and put them in. Reintalled all original coils. Ran it, miss developed on 2- where original miss was. Replaced that coil with a new one, miss is gone at least for now.

Snosaint
Lets hope the problem is resolved.