4X2 V6 3.7L GRAND CHEROKEE BOUGHT IT LEAKING TRANNY FLUID THEN MORE PROBLEMS CAME UP

2005 Jeep Laredo • 73,000 miles

When I bought the jeep it was low on transmission fluid, so I filled it up and then discovered it was leaking, at first I thought it was a bad fluid pan gasket so I bought the filter kit and replaced the filter and the gasket, after I drove it after that fix, the tranny stopped shifting normally and the rpm would get real high, it leaked the fluid again, so I dug around and found it to be Common transmission leak on many Chrysler products which is the electrical plug housing so I bought it and replaced it, the tranny wouldn't shift right still and now it goes into neutral after the 3rd or fourth gear. The "professionals" at aamco said it was a bad solenoid and charged me 300 dollars to replace it and then take back out saying it wasn't the problem. The check engine light came out a long time ago so I took it to auto zone and got these codes all of them pertaining to the tcm p0700 p0730 p1731 can you help me please? I hope its an easy fix~!
Abuzaid

I strongly recommend you have the TCM ( transmission control module ) checked and tested-start here

Isn't the tcm the same as the solenoid? And we did that and it didn't work.

Abuzaid
TCM is the computer for the transmission its not a shifting solenoid

Again thank you for your input, where is the tcm? Is it something I can get out myself and get tested? Where can I get it tested? How much does it cost to fix or replace? What would make it go bad?

Abuzaid
Dunno the cost of testing and again it varies with location-Its not seperate its integrated with the PCM

And what is the pcm? Where do I take it for that to get tested?

Abuzaid
Computer -to the dealership