JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 125,000 miles

This is a 3.7 v6 engine. I purchased this car with a broken dipstick (yellow handle for your finger). When I recieved the new dealer part, it is about 4" shorter then the one that came with the vehicle. I have verified the numbers on the old and new parts with the dealer who said the part number I gave him(on the broken dipstick) belongs on a liberty or Dakota 3.7engine. How can I tell this engine is the grand cherokee and not the Dakota/Liberty engine. I have since changed and replaced the oil with the oil filter and after adding the 5 qts. Oil does not register on the old ( broken and long ) dipstick. Will these engines take more oil than capacity with a new filter? Will I damage things by adding more of too much oil? THANKS

The motor may have come from that vehicle. I would go with the part number from the stick that broke.

There is a block number on the engine that you can verify with the dealer.