HONDA ACCORD STEERING PROBLEM

2005 Honda Accord • 45,000 miles

The power steering kicks off when its raining. We changed belts still continues to kick off, it rains a lot in Fl, need help. Thanks
GasparillaKen

So does the belt slip when it rains?

No I do not believe it does, the belt tensioner I was is good. The protective guard under the engine I was told is in good condition. I am about to the belt tensioner replaced, unless you had any other thoughts.

GasparillaKen
So when it rains and you loose the power steering can you hear or see the belt slip while your turning the steering wheel?

No I do not hear the belt slip at all. Never had, but had them replaced and checked again

GasparillaKen
If the belt doesn't slip then that's strange you only loose power steering when it rains?When the steering is inop you will have to have a power steering tester hooked up to it. That will test pump flow pressure etc. To pin point if it's the rack pump hose etc.