HONDA ACCORD HYBRID BATTERY PROBLEM

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid • 180,531 miles

I took my 20005 Honda Accord Hybrid to the dealership for diagnosis and was told the IMA battery, the IMA motor, and the SRS unit need to be replace place which would cost me an arm a leg to get those things done at the dealership. I decided to purchase the parts myself and took it to a certify auto shop, after replacing all the those things my IMA battery is still not charging and now the IMA light, check engine light are all on. My question is do I need to take the car back to the dealership and have them update the car software in order for my IMA battery to start charging.

I would call them and ask them is there is a update or it may have to be updated.

I have not heard of that needing to be done.

Thanks Roy, I will definitely do that first thing in the morning. I guess my other question would be what would cause the IMA battery to not be charge other the the fact that I might have to replace the battery again. Do they have to do anything after replacing the part, or should everything go back to normal after replacing the parts they were install properly.

GuyCHerub
I believe it should all go back to normal.