BCM ON

2005 GMC Canyon • 5 cylinder 2WD •

The radio and wipers in my 2005 canyon stay on when I open the drivers side door. They turn off when the passenger side door is opened. I checked the switch at the base of the door it is OK. All fuses seem OK. Someone else had the exact same problem and asked for help on March 17 2010 but there is no info available as to how it was fixed.
Rexbart

Try cleaning your grounds to the body and engine.

That response sounded like a shot in the dark but I cleaned all connections to the battery anyway. As expected it did not solve the problem. I am glad I did not make a donation. When I am not so busy working I will take it to a dealership and have the BCM checked out.

Rexbart
What may seem like a "lame" answer to you is actually the easiest things to check. True you could have a bcm problem but loss to ground will cause exact problems like you are experiencing. The battery to body ground or a ground by your door which may be in the kick panel are the ones to check.