OXYGEN SENSOR LOCATION

2005 Ford Taurus • 130,000 miles

My vehicle is running rough, so I ran a diagnostic test the code that failed read PO174 ( Base 2 Sensor 1) Could you please tell me where Bank 2 is located and which one is Senor 1? Please Help! Could you please post an engine diagram of Bank 2 Sensor 1? Thank you so much for your help!
Tamishiv

Which engine do you have

Djcl
3.0 l radiator side in manifold

Djcl
Don't have high expectations that replacing that sensor will resolve your issues. That is a lean code and highly unlikely caused by a defective sensor.

Wrenchtech
What else do you think it could be? I will tell you what it is doing, When it is idling the car will vibrate, makes a sputtering sound, and has low acceleration speed.

Tamishiv
The code merely indicates that the sensor is reporting a lean mixture. It's rarely the sensor to blame but things need to be tested to find out. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks anywhere or leaks in the intake snorkel.

Wrenchtech
My vehicle just recently had to have the A/C Compressor fixed and the Serpentine Belt replaced, Do you think something might not be connected right? Because the mechanic said they had to remove a lot of things to get to the A/C Compressor. Just started to have these issues after those things got replaced. Or do you have have other ideas on what could be wrong?

Tamishiv
I would recommend testing the o2 sensors ability to read rich and lean running conditions. To test it you will need a scanner or a scope. This is something that might be best done @ a diag shop.

Djcl