FRONT AXLE

2005 Ford Freestar • 52,000 miles

I am replacing the front wheel bearing and hub assembly. The axle nut was rusted solid onto the axle. I had to cut it off with a cut off wheel and chisel it off in pieces. Here is my question. What is the thread size on the drive axle so I can clean up the threads with a die.
Jmbnab

We don't have that info but here's what I would do usea measuring caliper to measure the ddiameter and a thread pitch gauge to get the thread pitch. The die isgoing to be eexpensive you might just be better off getting a new axle.

Thanks I was thinking of measuring it but wasn't sure how it would turn out with it being stupid metric. I have a new axle nut and was thinking of trying to match that with a tap. Cost of the die isn't important because hopefully whatever size it is, is in the metric set at work that I can borrow for free. Thanks for your input and fast response.

Jmbnab
Problem your going to have is most of the axle nuts are fine thread and beating that size most taps and dies that size are course thread.