FORD FOCUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Ford Focus • 86,671 miles

I got my car repaired back 2011 cause when I would go 15 mph after the car had warmed up a bit it would turn off. I cant remember what the mechanic said it was but the check engine light is on and it failed emissions test but the guy said something about a runner. The car is 7 years old and ive had minor issues with it what could cause the light to stay on and not go off after it has been repaired.
Allithice

We need the code number

He didnt give me a code he just said it failed casue of the light being on and that something has to be wrong with it but he wouldnt tell me a code all he said was runner.

Allithice
Go back and get the code or check your receipt for the failure of emissions for the code.

I went to auto zone today and they gave me the code p2004

Allithice
P2004 intake manifold runner stuck open. Mechanical issue with runner flaps, vacuum diaghram, vacuum hoses incorrectly fitted or intake flap control solenoid is open circuit.

Maybe you should include engine type 1.6/1.8/2.0, diesel or petrol, pzev, US or euro. Duratec or zetec.
There are many variations and models in 2005 due to a change in engine designs and body shape.

Ctasquier