DODGE STRATUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Stratus • 158,000 miles

I was driving in to work today, and about 4-5 miles before I got here. I noticed a very loud rattle. As the RPM's went up the rattle sped up, as well got louder. If I took my foot off the gas and coasted it would almost go away. Where should I start looking? How much should I be expecting this to cost? I've read through quite a few posts here and seem to think it could either be the harmonic balancer, or the timing belt. Either of which won't be to easy to get looked at, and fixed. I appreciate any help you give me! God Bless!
Newbij

Forget about the guesses. It is engine related and we have only your word without hearing it. You need a trained ear to listen and point you in the right direction. Did you check the oil?

Yes, the oil level was good. Also, give me about 20 minutes and I'll post a link on here to a video of the noise on youtube. Thanks for the quick response!

Newbij
Here's a link to the video of the sound. Sorry it took so long but for some odd reason it took forever to upload from my phone. Thanks again for any help!

Newbij
Internal engine knock. Not good. I would not drive it till it is fixed.

It sounds like it's coming from inside the timing chain cover area. So any pointers on where/what to look for/at? Going to have it towed home once I get off. =/

Newbij
Not until it is dis assembled.