DOME LIGHT ISSUES WHEN PUSHING TO TURN ON BUT WORKS WITH ALL OTHER FUNTIONS (IE: ROLL DIAL UP AND OPEN DOORS).

2005 Dodge Ram • 132,000 miles

Dome lights will not work when pushing them to go on. But when I roll the dial up the work. They also work when I unarm the alarm and open the doors.
Apurcaro

Did you check all your fuses? Maybe it's a bad switch?

Fixitmr
Fuses are all good. The lights turn on with the rolling dial/switch. When there on from opening the door etc and I push one of the map switches they turn off. When the lights are off and I go to push one of the switches they will not turn on. Funny thing is, the vanity mirror lights do not work either.

Apurcaro
If possible you should test vanity mirror light for hot. It should have constant hot if it turns on when flipped open? Or do you have a button for that too?

Fixitmr
Thanks will check vanity hot. It operates when flipped open no button. Do you think that may be causing the map lights/dome light not to work?

Apurcaro
Took vanity mirror off and pulled wires through headliner. Found wire to be split and shortting out. Taped up wires and everything works like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Apurcaro