HOW DO I REPAIR

2005 Dodge Neon • 94,320 miles

Po731 po500 speedometer not working gas gadge acting up going from quarter to empty I have already changed the inner and outer speed sensor all started when the car ignition switch failed I replace it and now starts now it's no going into differt gears just in limp mode
Aguayo3371

731 gear ratio error 1st gear. If you replaced the sensors, check wiring and check for corrosion, damage.

Recheck the vehicle speed sensor

PO500 is a speed sensor issue. As Raz mentioned, recheck the wiring, plug. To the speed sensor.

I just checked both the inner the outer sensor connecters is there any way to see if they are powering up

Aguayo3371
The problem is they work on what is called a hall effect. Basically, the sensor is a magnut which produces a current when a steel ring passes it.

One more? Please if the transmiton shift silinoid is bad will that make the speedometer not work?

Aguayo3371
Check the wiring for short and open circuit going back to the computer if okay could be the computer itself