NEED HELP INGNTION WAS DAMAGE BY A THEF

2005 Dodge Neon • 115,000 miles

Need help car was almost stolen. The thef broke my ingntion switch.. Is there any idea how much it would cost me. Or where can I go to havve it replace?
Chaz1233

Any shop can do it. They will have to replace the switch and lock cylinder.

Cost is about 350-400 depending on your area and labor rates

Thank you Roy. I wiwll look into that. The medic. Will that video still work for my year 2005 neon?

Chaz1233
Roy should I go to a machanic. Or a dodge dealership

Chaz1233
GOT YOU A DIAGRAM

IT'D BE REALLY BENEFICIAL TO HAVE A HAYNE'S/ CHILTON'S/ ETC. REPAIR MANUAL TO GUIDE YOU THRU THIS AND FUTURE PROBLEMS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

NOT TO MENTION, A MANUAL COULD BE OBTAINED FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST OF A REPAIR BY A SHOP

JUST READING THRU ONE, WILL TEACH YOU THINGS YOU, THAT YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU COULD DO YOURSELF......THIS IS STILL THE WAY I MAKE REPAIRS

I'M CANNOT ZACKLY TELL YOU THE STEPS HERE (REASON FOR A MANUAL) BUT LOOKS LIKE REMOVING THE SHROUD/ TURNING THE KEY/ PUSHING THE DETENT/ PULLING THE CYLINDER OUT........STICK YOU WITH A FORK....YOU'RE DONE!!!

THIS DIAGRAM S FROM "MITCHELL I", A ONLINE REPAIR MANUAL THAT WE HAVE ACCESS TO.....LOOKS PRETTY SIMPLE!

LET US KNOW HOW IT'S GOING