A/C NOT WORKING

2005 Dodge Caravan • 120,000 miles

My 2005 Dodge Caravan A/C is not cooling I put some refrigerant in with no results. There's a clicking sound off and on coming from the unit. The fan is blowing hot air. Need some advice on solving this problem.
Omegadog

If you put too much refrigerant in the system it will shut itself off. Watch the compressor and the clutch. After you turn on the A/C, watch to see if the clutch continues to spin or shuts back off. This is the click you are hearing.

Seangrant00
Are you saying I put too much refrigerant in, if so, will that keep the system from cooling? I believe the compressor is turning, but the system isn't cooling. What do I need to do?

Omegadog
Yes, overcharging a system can cause it not to work. You can check a couple other things too that could cause this.

Check the expansion valve, fuses for the A/C, leaks anywhere on the lines or A/C system, clogged condenser.

Seangrant00
Where is the expansion valve located? I would think the fuses are ok, since the fan is working and the A/C will come on, i'll check all the suggestions you mentioned.

Omegadog
Thanks you have been a great help in diagnosing my problem.

Goodbye,
Omegadog

Omegadog
Your very welcome.

Sean

Seangrant00