CHRYSLER SEBRING ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Chrysler Sebring

The idle runs at about 1500 rpm. I changed out the IAC valve, made sure all vacuum hoses are connected, cleaned the throttle body, and checked all fuses. Everything is good but it still idles high. Should I try adjusting the idle screw or have a mechanic look at it to possibly diagnose the problem? I did have the engine code ran and it said that one of the things I listed was the problem. Please help. It would be much appreciated.
Gtrboy25

No, no, no. Don't try to adjust the idle. It's not adjustable. That's just a base stop. What are the exact code numbers being set?

Wrenchtech
I can't remember I would have to get the code ran again.

Gtrboy25
That would be your next step.

Wrenchtech
The code is still showing iac valve. P0507

Gtrboy25
Was` that code cleared since changing the IAC? If not, then you need to clear it and see what resets if anything.

Check all the throttle linkage and throttle plate and make sure it is closing all the way.

Wrenchtech
Ok. How do I clear the code?

Gtrboy25
With a code reader.

Wrenchtech
Ok. So can I go to pepboys or some place like that and have them clear it?

Gtrboy25
I don't know about PepBoys doing it free but AutoZone or Advance will.

Wrenchtech
Ok. Well I'm at work now so I'll do it in the morning. So do I clear the code and then get it reran?

Gtrboy25