CHEVY HEATED SEATS WILL NOT WORK!

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

2005 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I have a 2005 Suburban Z-71 with Heated Leather Seats. The HEAT on the drivers side seat will not work. When you first turn it on it stays on for about 15 seconds and then you hear a click and it shuts off. After that, it will only stay on for less time until finally only it stays on for about 2 seconds. The Heated Seat on the passengers side works fine for ever, BUT if you turn on the Drivers Heated Seat, it will TRIP the Passengers Seat when it trips.

NEED HELP as it is getting Winter and I love my heated leather seats. I am an Engineer so I should be able to figure this out, but if someone else has already solved the same problem I am not too proud to learn from them.

Thanks,

2Dawgs
2Dawgs

- Move driver seat all the way forward.
- raise electric seat base up.
- From the back seat area, look for a grey 6 pin connector left of center under seat.
- Disconnect the connector
- Measure the ohms using your resistence meter set to lowest setting.
- Measure the seat cushion Terminal A brown to Terminal F black (1.5 to 5.5 ohms).
- Measure seat back Terminal C yellow to Terminal D black (1.5 to 5.5 ohms).
- If outside than range. Replace!

Jmagnoliap
It sounds as though a circuit breaker is tripping. Or the heater is drawing more current than either the fuse or relay can handle.

Rivermikerat