CAR

2005 Chevrolet Malibu • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 109,345 miles

I have a 2005 chevrolet classic and it smokes when I take off and only while in gear and does stop after about 3 or 4 second and before it started smokeing it had a slite rattling
Loganwilliams

What color smoke are you getting?

I say gray smoke and it rattle every now and then

Loganwilliams
A white steamy color is coolant blue is oil and black is excessive fuel. Gray could be oil and it just looks gray is the smoke heavy and stays low to the ground or does it quickly float away?The rattle could be a knock?Do you have any codes?

It is gray smoke and it only smoke when I push gas and gose away quickly

Loganwilliams
So do you burn any oil in between oil changes?If so how much and how many miles between oil changes?Also do you have any codes in the computer?

Yes it burn oil cant say how much and the now smells like oil and dont know about a code in the computer the more I give it gas the more it smoke

Loganwilliams
So it smokes constantly now?Also it smells like oil?If so then your engine is burning oil could be rings worn cylinder walls pcv issues etc.