WHY WOULD GAS BE COMING FROM THE THROTTLE HOUSING THAT CONNECTS TO THE AIR FILTER HOUSING?

2005 Chevrolet Impala • 65,400 miles

I took my 2005 chevy impala in to find out why the check engine light was on and I was givin a p0300 code multiple mis-fire. My car rides terrible on take off and I have to press down on the gas to start it. While driving I have to put it in nuetral when I come to a stop to keep it from shutting off. So I decided to check the injectors and once I lifted the plate up gas poured from the housing could that be a bad pressure regulator or bad fuel injectors. Can you please shed some light on this matter for me. Respectfully eddie murry
Impman23

Eddie, what plate did you lift? Also, have you checked fuel pump pressure as well as the regulator?

I lifted the plate that covers the fuel rail. It's connected to the throttle that has a black rubber piece that connects to the air filter. And no I havent't checked the pump pressure. How can I check the pump pressure and the regulator?

Impman23
Check pressure. Go to our homepage under the DIY section for directions. There are detailed directions and a video.