CHEVROLET CAVALIER GAS PROBLEM

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier • 86,038 miles

My car smelled like gasoline when I started it today (after a light snow) and continued to smell like gas for another 5-10 minutes. Then, after 30 minutes of driving, the entire car shuddered and made a grinding, kind of growling noise. This happened 3 times before I reached my destination. What is wrong with my car?
Toriecooper

If you smell gas, you need to check for leaks. Any fuel leak can be dangerous. As far as the noise, could you tell aprox where it was coming from?

It felt like under the car. I could feel it shudder on the brake pad. I am really new with cars and do not know much about them. I am not sure at all.

Toriecooper
That makes it really hard to try to answer. Before doing anything, check the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine and then the all fuel lines on the engine. Also, check to make sure none of the fuel injectors are leaking.

I wish I had an easier answer, but that is where I would recommend you start. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Thank you! I really appreciate this.

Toriecooper
Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.