FRONT SEATBELT REPLACEMENT

2005 Cadillac SRX • 82,000 miles

My airbags deployed and I have those replaced already but I never replaced set belts that are mounted in the seat. How in the hell you do that?

Xdaro79x

Why do you want to replace them?

Rivermikerat
I think I stated that in the qustion, when airbags deploy usually seat belt pretensioners have to be sent out to be reset or replaced

Xdaro79x
That's never been my experience. But, every seatbelt I've seen (that wasn't a racing harness) has been attached to the body either with a hex bolt (3/4 or 7/8 inch) or a Torx-head bolt (usually either T-45 or T-50). The shoulder strap is behind the plastic body trim. Normally, you'll have to remove the door sill plate first.

Rivermikerat
Rivermikerat, I do know what tools to use but I do not know how to take the seat belt out of the seat. It's not mounted on the side body, it's inside the seat !

Xdaro79x
You'll need to remove the plastic trim on the edge of the seat.

Rivermikerat
I've never played with one of these cars. You may need to remove the seat completely, just to be able to remove the plastic trim.

Rivermikerat