PROBLEM WITH THE PASSENGER POWER DOOR

2005 Buick Terraza • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 40,000 miles

2005 Buick Terraza 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40,000 miles. My van has recently developed a problem with the passenger power door. The door will close but it seems will not latch at the rear latch. It seems like the door isn't recognizing that it's closed. The motor attempts to keep running even after the door is closed but the latch doesn't catch. I can turn the power off to the door via the switch and close the door manually and it will latch. Manually closing the door causes another problem though. The door open alarm, beeping will continue to sound even though the door is latched closed manually. The door ajar alarm will sound but there will be no indication in the information section on the dash. I tested to see if the door ajar works on that door when it's actually open and it does indicate on the dash. I pulled the 40 amp fuse for the problem door thinking that it might stop the door ajar alarm beeping and it didn't. The strange thing though is when I did pull the fuse the door control box would start to click as though a relay was buzzing. I went ahead and pulled both 40 amp fuses for left and right doors thinking that would cut power to the door control box but the relay still was fluttering. Is this a door control box problem, feedback switch problem, opening motor problem or.
2CarPros-Archives

Sounds more like a problem with the latch/switch assembly not seeing that the door is closed, and trying to run the motor more and that would also explain the warning light, the BCM doesn't think the door is shut because the latch isn't telling it so

2CarPros-Archives