BUICK REGAL FUSE PROBLEM

2005 Buick Regal • 45,000 miles

My car seems to have a problem with the windshield wipers. I checked the fuses but dont see why they are not working?
2CarPros Ken

So are they inop in every speed?Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

Could the switch have issues Ken?

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks for the input, there is no fan action at all. I checked the fuses.

2CarPros Ken
Iam seeing a listing for a 2005 regal?I tried looking up some info and just not seeing one. So what year and model do you actually have?

O sorry it is a 1999

2CarPros Ken
Hi Ken,

How are you? It has been a long time since we last corresponded.

Is this a test question? Lol.

If the washer works, it definitely is not a fuse problem. You would have to test the switch, wiring and wiper motor.

Btw you mentioned fan not working, which fan are you refering to?

So you mean the wiper blades dont move back and fourth?Can you hear the wiper motor runninng?If no to both those questions we will need a multimeter. In the inside fuse box go the fuse labeled 25amps turn the key the run position you should have batteyr voltage to both sides of that fuse?If you do then unplug the wiper switch see if the yellow wire to the switch has battery voltage touch the terminal end of the connector where it makes contact to the switch?If there is power inspect all the connector ends look for open or loose terminals or ones that look black or the plastic connector its self started to show signs of melting?That would show signs of a bad connection if all that is good make up a jumper lead with a 10 amp fuse inline in it unless you have a power probe then you can use that to supply power instead of the jumper wire. Then with the key in the run position connect one end of the jumper lead to power then the other end to the gray wire at the wiper switch the wiper motor should be working?If its not working then you have a motor issue or power or ground issue to the motor. Then go to the wiper motor unplug the connector to it inspect it like you did the one to the wiper switch if all looks good see if you have battery voltage to yellow wire at the connector and you should have 2 ohms or less to ground at the black wire?If you do bad wiper motor most likely you will find a motor issue they have a high failure rate on those. Let me know what you find.

Also, you should have continuity between the ground terminal on the motor and all of the power terminals. If not, you have a bad motor winding.

Rivermikerat
Ken, are you working on cars again or is this one of yours?

Dr. Hagerty