SPARK PLUG BLEW OUT OF ENGINE....

2005 Buick Allure • 70,000 miles

This morning as I was pulling out of my driveway I heard a small pop then loud banging ( almost like exhaust fell apart) Looked under car, everything was intact, opened hood everything was intact then I notices spark plug on front passanger side was hanging ( no longer in engine. Casing and all). Any idea wtf happened and how screwed am I with this? Car was in impecable shape for the year and only has 130K kms always very wll maintained ( not that it much matters anymore)

Any advice greatly appriciated.
Hali2776

Sounds like a stripped sparkplug port hole or the piston touched the sparkplug-for it to come out -perhaps it got loose-investigate

Thanks Rasmataz, it didn't come loose, I already thought of that, the tip of the plug ( metal tip ) no longer exists on the plug. Will look closer tomorrow when I have more time. A neighbor seemed to think that a seal internally may have gone causing added pressure to blow it out.

Hali2776