BMW 530I FUSE PROBLEM

2005 BMW 530i • 103,000 miles

The passenger side head light is not working. I went to Walmart last night and replaced it. Still is not working
Matthewdallas

You need to check the continuity at the plug where the headlight connects. Hook up a voltmeter to the plug and see if there is any power getting to the plug. Also make sure that the wiring leading up to the plug isn't broken/worn causing a short.

Blaze45
Check the headlight fuses as well. Are they HID lights? If so then the ballast or the connector could of gone out. You can swap out ballasts and connectors from the other side, and if they turn on when you replace the connector/ballast then you know what your culprit is.

Good luck!

Blaze45
I think the fuse locations for the headlights are 9 and 32 inside the car? Maybe under the hood, its been a while.

Blaze45
Is there a special headlight we need to get or is the one from wal mart going to be sufficient. Also the headlights were working just last night and when they went out the low beam was out and the high beam was working. Now neither of them will work and we have to go back out of town in a few hours. So basically you think its the plug or wiring issue. Right?

Matthewdallas
Check the fuses. Do you have HID lights? The bulb replacement should be fine. It sounds to me like the ballasts or ignitors are out.

Blaze45