AUDI TT BRAKES PROBLEM

2005 Audi TT • 42,000 miles

Had an instrument failure recently and it was replaced by dealer. When I went to pick up the vehicle it wouldn't move. I was told the rear prake pad and rotor needed to be replaced. Is this problem related to the instrument cluster failure?
Hoosmom

The two is not tight in together-what kind of instrumentation problem does it have? Did they fix the brakes yet?

The brakes were fine. The instrument cluster failed three weeks ago while driving on the interstate. It took lots of negotiation and work to get it repaired. When I tried to pick up the car today, the rear brakes locked up and I couldn't move the car. The emergency brake was very tight and I couldn't apply it completely. I was told the right rear brake pad had failed and both it and the rotor needed to replaced. I can't believe that this was just a coincidence. Can all of this be related?

Hoosmom
If the brake system is functioning properly before you took it in-I say ask the service manager what's going on here-I don't think its a coincidence-something happened