WHERE ARE THE SENSORS THAT TRIGGER THE "DOOR OPEN" IN DR. DOOR?

2004 Toyota Prius • 13,000 miles

When go around a corner to the right, I get an emergency light, the interior lights come on, the lcd display screen tells me I have to put the car into park or the battery won't charge. Dealer found problem focused on driver's door; pressure from turn ( via driver's weight) pushes on the inside of the door. All goes away when pressure released. It appears that this squishing something leads to a contact and all the fuss. What is this likely to be and can I fix it with fair to moderate skills. Is this one part, a junction block, an incidental artifact or the work of gremlins? Where can I find procedure for opening the door panel to look-see, or to repair? Am I likely to be able to get the replacement from the stores? Is this common?
Lymanl

Most likely there is a worn wire leading to or from the door switch. It's likely that wrapping the worn section of wire with electrical tape will fix it. There is a possibility that pressing against the door is pushing the door outward just enough to break the contact in the switch. Adjusting the strikeplate will fix that.

Rivermikerat