HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE THIRD SEAT FROM A ?

2004 Toyota Highlander • 75,000 miles

In rear of vehichle.
Frank coffee

I KINDA DON'T SIT HERE 24/7!

I GOTTA JOB AND MUST PACIFY MAMA TOO!

I WILL GO LOOK FOR A FEW OTHERS TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION

ONLY THING I GOT LEFT WOULD BE EITHER VISIT AN AUTO SALVAGE YARD OR SEE IF THE DEALER COULD HELP. SURELY BOTH PLACES WOULD KNOW HOW IT COMES APART!

OFF TO FIND YOU ANOTHER EXPERT

Hi CJ. I checked several Toyota forums and everyone agreed the rear seats are basically useless and very hard to remove but it can be done. I just put the 2nd seat back in my '88 Grand Caravan for the second time in its life since we bought it new. Getting it out yesterday was a bit of a struggle because the rear hooks were still a little tight, but with two simple levers in the front, it took less than 30 seconds to pop it out.

Be happy the only complaint you got is you didn't sit at the computer waiting breathlessly for a followup to instantly reply to. Sometimes I sleep for 7 or 8 hours straight and turn my computer off in between those 16 hours I spend on it all day researching dozens of other questions. I read this question when it was originally posted and would have replied if I had a better answer.

You're lucky. I got told I was a snob and I don't belong on this site because I recommended checking the transmission fluid level for a Ford that only shifts properly when turning right, and the guy thinks it's because of the cv joints. He said I should "know" that that's the first thing anyone would do. I hate it when people keep those details secret, then get mad when we don't know the answer by just laying our hands on the computer.

Have a dandy Fourth of July. It's likely to be the last one we get to celebrate.