BATTERY/CHARGING LIGHT IS ON AND THE BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR ARE GOOD. AC CLUTCH AND COOLING FAN COME ON WHEN CAR IS OFF...

2004 Toyota Highlander • 11,100 miles

2004 Highlander Limited w/3.3L V6-110,000 miles
One morning last week I came out to find the cooling fan running on the car. I unplugged the fan and went to work. Two days later the battery was dead. I charged the battery and the charging light came on the dash. The car runs fine, unless I turn on the heater or AC. I checked the battery and alternator and they are both fine. After checking fuses and other connections I went to put the ground terminal back on and noticed that the AC clutch engaged. I unplugged the AC compressor and the cooling fan comes on and the battery light stays on. I unplugged the cooling fan relay and the light went off. But, the car won't run for long at idle this way. If the car dies, I hear some inconsistent clicks from the fuel pump and some clicks under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. I am just about at my wits end chasing this issue. Help?
Jonahpk

Put every thing back as it was originally and replace the fan relay, I would start here.

Mhpautos
I replaced the fan relay with the relay for the rear defroster (they are the same kind. Nothing changes.

Jonahpk
Looking at mitchell 1 data base, there are 3 fan relays, test them all.

Mhpautos