V6. WAS DRIVING/ IT STALLED/ WILL NOT START. NO WARNING WAS APPARENT. SOUNDS LIKE IT IS NOT GETING FUEL. DEALER DIAGNOSED-NO CODES

2004 Saturn L300 • 57 miles

No codes stored. Not apparent if Fuel Pump Fuse was checked. Not apparent if Fuel Pump Relay was checked. Not apparent if Listened for Fuel Pump operation. Not apparent if this was tried: listening at Fuel Fill Pipe for noise of any kind.

Dealer charged $125 and gave this as a report:
".A continuous crank when turning key but no start-check and advise. Verified crank but no start. Found no failure codes stored. On further diag found no fuel pressure. Isolated to fuel pump failed. Recommend to replace fuel pump."
SJHarper

So are you asking if I think your fuel pump is really bad?

A bad fuel pump wont set a code where is the car still at the dealer?

Car was towed home. Have a private mechanic coming Thurs to do the testing that the dealership probably missed.
Yes to the question about the pump being bad or not.

SJHarper
Alright without someone doing some testing I really cant tell you if its bad or not. If your going over what was already done you would have to check actual pressure first. Then if there is no fuel pressure there I would check the fuel pump fuse and if there was power to both sides of it while cranking the engine. If thats good I would check for power and ground to the fuel pump while cranking if thats good. I would drop the gas tank to make sure the wires and connections are good if I would replace the fuel pump module. Heres something you can try if the car wont start now while someone is cranking it to start it take the palm of your hand and smack the center of the gas tank pretty hard. It may or may not start if it starts bad fuel pump. Thats a little short cut I have used to diagnosing bad fuel pumps.

We did all of the testing suggested and no start. The pump is to be replaced. Will need the "clamp pliers J43914" I am told to help replace the pump. O'Reilly formerly known as Kragen auto supply store has no knowledge of such a tool for this.

What say you?

SJHarper
I never used any clamp pliers to replace the pump what are they saying there used for?