NISSAN 350Z AIR BAG PROBLEM

2004 Nissan 350Z • 80,000 miles

With No switch present to deactivate the passenger side front airbag. With no passenger seated, only driver. In general, if a the car has a frontal impact that requires the use of the front air bags, will both driver and passenger airbags always deploy at the same time?

Thank you for the answer. I have other related questions but will make them depending on this one and am willing to donate to obtain further details.
Dserrano4

As long as your passenger seat safety belt isn't fastened or someone sitting there it shouldn't go off but that doesnt' necessarily mean it won't

In that case, what will cause them to deploy if no one is seated and the seat belts are not fastened?

Dserrano4
A lot of things can cause it first you should start with a scan to see if anything is screwed up like a sensor or so. Thre is a tsb that if the seats are modified/tampered with like adding cushion, seat covers etc that will cause deployment. If the car got into a frontal impact it depends on how hard it is, if a hard hit then both bags WILL deploy no matter if a passenger or not in seat.

Under which circumstances should the driver's front airbag not deploy and the passenger's front airbag deploy for the 350z? (What if the passenger seat is empty?). Can't find an answer to this question anywhere : -(

Dserrano4
I can't give an answer either.