MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE NOISE PROBLEM

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 68,800 miles

My engine sounds normal, but when I turn on the A/C alot of noise happens. It doesn't happen if just the blower is on. So I took it to Good Year and they gave me this list:

A/C Flush, Evacuate and Recharge A/C System, R&R New A/C Compressor, R&R A/C Condenser, R&R A/C Expansion Valve, New A/C Compressor w/clutch

These parts and labor costs just under $2,000. Exactly what could I buy (start with) to see if it's the problem and NOT all this stuff. Especially at once? Thank you
Ltynes

All the parts are required as the compressor has failed sending debris into the system replacing the compressor with the rest is a waste of money and time.

Dear ASEMaster6371,

Could you please use punctuation - your sentence is one long run-on sentence and isn't clear. What do you mean "the compressor has failed sending debris."? And why would replacing the compressor with the rest be a waste of time and money?

Thank you.

Ltynes
Sounds like compressor is locking up making all that weird noises when activated-maybe this is all you need: A/C Flush, Evacuate and Recharge A/C System, R&R w/New A/C Compressor.

Parts internally break away, and go into the other areas of the system. The shop is right in wanting to do the job correctly with all the components.

You can do what you want but the new or other compressor can become contaminated with this debris and fail quickly if you dont follow those instructions.

The price is way high. Get other bids.