RADIO AND CD PLAYER FLASH ON AND OFF AFTER CHANGING THE BATTERY ON MY

2004 Mercury Monterey • 115,000 miles

I own a 2004 Mercury Monterey. I replaced the battery. It was during this time that I started having problems with
my radio coming on by itself. Now the radio and cd player flash on and off. The cd player doesn't work at all (will not accept the CD)and the radio comes on by itself in the am mode after about 10 to 45 seconds.
Gmarkham

Hi there is a small elec device called a memory saver you can purchase at auto parts stores for a few bucks. These are designed keep all your memories on your vehicle temporarily while batt is disconnected. These radios have a code to reset them after batt is disconected. You can go to a dealer show proof of ownership and get this code.

However if you had radio probs before the batt service this may not correct these probs. Thanjs for asking Billymac

Billymac
It all started with the new batt. I did not use memory saver this time. I did go to a ford garage and the guy had no idea what the problem was. Where do you get these codes and how do you enter them?

Gmarkham
Ford dealer they are called theft codes for radio you can also go online to the radio manufacture. The codes are set with a combination of buttons a diff procedure for every radio.

Billymac