TICKING NOISE IS COMING FROM FRONT RIGHT UNDER THE HOOD NEAR THE HEADLIGHT FROM A SMALL PIECE THATS CONNECTED NEAR THESE ALUMINUM TUBES

2004 Mercedes Benz C320 • 17,000 miles

It's a small plastic square block w two wires coming out the top that plugs straight down into its place. Im not sure what it is or what its function is. However, it makes a consistent ticking sound at all times while the motor is on. You can feel a tapping/knocking feeling when touching this piece. Can you explain to me what this part is, its function, the cause of it clicking and if this is a major or minor problem and if replacing it is costly? Also how to replace it if if it is faulty. Thank you very much!
Asusma2

Sounds like you're talking about a relay however we don't know what it ties to-Is everything within the electrical system functional? Give us a picture on it-so we can identify-If you wish try replacing it and see what happens

This is the piece I am referring to

Asusma2
The two different views

Asusma2