WHERE IS THE STOP/BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH LOCATED ON THE MERCEDES ? DOES MY CAR NOT HAVE ONE? I TOOK MY BREAK PEDAL AND DASH OUT AND STILL COULDN'T FIND IT. HOW CAN I REPLACE IT IF IT DOESN'T EXIST? PLEASE HELP!

2004 Mercedes Benz C320

ESP/BAS/ABS visit workshop light came on. Mercedes C320 4matic 2004. Sometimes I can't shift my car from park to drive but the engine starts. Sometimes when I am able to shift to drive the car stays at one gear and doesn't accelerate to the next. I was told to change the Stop/Break light sensor. When I disassemble my break pedal and the dash underneath, there was no switch on my car at all. I look all over under where the pedal area was at and still couldn't locate the switch. If my car doesn't need a switch why would they tell me it's the switch and knew that my car doesn't have one. If there is a switch, where is it located in the car? Please help. Thanks in advance.
Amone

According to Mitchel online, it is on the brake pedal support.

I took the whole break support off and still can't find it. What else do I have to take apart?

Amone
According to the manual, that should be it.