I HAVE A MERCEDES KOMPRESSOR. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND SAID IT WAS A MAF/IAT SENSOR. I REPLACED IT AND STILL HAVE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. ANY IDEA OF WHAT ELSE COULD CAUSE THE LIGHT TO CONTINUE ON? NOTE I HAVE NOT NOTICED ANY LA

2004 Mercedes Benz C230 • 72,000 miles

Replaced sensor, reset the code and the light still is on. Rechecked the code and still get MAF/IAT
Miec

If it were only that easy when you get a code it only means that there is a issue with that circuit or system in the car. It doesnt mean to just replace the part and your all fixed. Unless you have a internal pcm code etc that the trouble tree tells you to replace a part. So do you have a scan tool that reads live engine data?That would really help you to diagnose this code also a multimeter?Also which engine do you have?

I have the 1.8L Kompressor engine. I don't have a scan tool to read live data. I do have a multimeter.

Miec
What is the exact code number you have?

The code is 0110

Miec
That code has to do with just the air inlet temp sensor your really going to need a scan tool you can see the intlet temp sensor readings. That way you can move wires and watch the temp etc.I would say you have terminal tightness issue or a wire damaged somewhere or from vibration the wire broke inside the insullation of the wire.

Do you have a wiring diagram that would show which wires on the sensor would correspond to the inlet temperature sensor as the actual sensor is a combination MAF/IAT?

As a side note I have not noticed any performance issues because of the code. I still want to get it cleared.

Thanks.

Miec
I see a seperate air intake sensor in the wire diagram.

Thanks for the wiring diagram. Are you sure this is for the 2004 1.8L Kompressor engine. I have the combination MAF/IAT sensor. There is 1 plug with 5 wire connections, 1 is blank. I would like to check continuity from the sensor plug to the ecm plug. I just need to know which numbers on each correspond to the IAT.

Miec
Just checked again and it is for sure not the correct wiring diagram. I am looking for the M labeled wiring harness.

Miec
M labeled?What do you mean M labeled diagram?It just says 2004 C230 as you can read at the top of the diagram.

Page 1 of 2